It takes a village to raise a child. It also takes a village to protect a child.
April is Child Abuse Awareness Month. As a community it’s our responsibility to pay attention to signs of abuse in children.
What are some signs of Child Abuse?
- A child’s whose hair, body, or clothing is dirty
- A child whose clothing is too hot or too cold for the season
- A child who is not being watched properly
- A child who is ill or hurt but not being seen by a doctor
- A child with bruises, burns, cuts, soreness or itching in the genital are
- A child who is afraid to go home
- A child who does not think well of himself/herself, avoids people or is very sad
- A child who misuses drugs or alcohol
- A child that has an eating disorder
- A child that hurts himself/herself
- A child whose mood or behavior changes without good reason
- A child who acts in a sexual manner that is unusual for a child’s age
- A child who often misses school without good reason
If you think a child is being abused, you can call 311 and your report will be confidential.Leave a reply →